Here Is The Most Delicious GAZELLE HORNS recipe to make at home. Gazelle Horns are also known as KAAB EL GHAZAL. It is a staple Moroccan cookie that actually signifies “the ankles of a gazelle” and it’s also translated to “gazelle horns” due to the specific crescent shape of this cookie.
Also, there are multiple versions of Kaab-El-Ghazal; the original recipe is prepared from almond paste covered with a skinny layer of pastry. They`re regularly served at special events. So, this is an easy recipe on the way to convey the flavors of Morocco proper in your home!
It is better to keep the Kaab el Ghazal at room temperature, and stored it in a plastic container. They can be frozen for a long.
- 500g of flesh-slivered almonds
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tbsp of orange blossom water
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon powder
- 1/8 tsp of ground mastic gum powder
- 2 small eggs (white eggs only)
- Sesame seeds
- In a food processor, mix all together the flesh-slivered almonds with sugar for 5 minutes, or until you get a powdery texture.
- Then, add the orange blossom water, butter, cinnamon, and also mastic gum. Mix until well combined or until we have a smooth almond paste. (You can add orange Blossom water if needed):
- Shape the almond paste into rolls, it will be around 35 or 40 cookies.
- Dip each roll in white eggs then covers it with sesame seeds.
- Place our rolls in a baking pan lined with parchment paper and form them into a crescent shape.
- In a preheated oven at 360° 15 minutes. Do not overbake them.
- Let them cool down. Then, Serve