How To Make The Best Chicken Katsu Recipe
Learn How To Make The Best Japanese Chicken Katsu Recipe at home. Also called panko chicken, Japanese fried chicken.
This a super easy recipe to make, it takes only a few minutes to be ready. Besides, the Sauce has a flavorful taste, a bit sweet, and a bit sour. So yummy.
So, you could serve it over rice, with a special katsu sauce referred to as Tonkatsu sauce if you desire that.
Chicken Katsu :
- 1 pound of boneless; skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp of water
- 2 cups of panko
- 2 cups of oil
- A pinch of salt to taste
- 3 tbsp of Ketchup
- 1 tbsp of Miso
- 1 tbsp of Honey
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of Oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp of Worcestershire
- Let’s begin by putting your chicken pieces into a spotless surface, and season with salt and some Miso.
- Then, arrange 3 bowls, place 2 cups of flour in the first one, beaten eggs with 2 tbsp of water in the second one, and in the third one place panko.
- Put the chicken into the flour until they are nicely coated, then dredge chicken pieces in eggs, and finally place them in panko to make sure that it is totally covered. Repeat until you finish all the chicken pieces.
- In a skillet, heat 2 cups of oil, begin to drop your chicken pieces in the oil, fry for about 3 to 5 minutes or until crispy golden color, then flip it over and fry for an additional 3 to 5 minutes.
- Then, remove from heat, and place the chicken katsu on a wire rack. Here is your chicken katsu ready.
- Now, let’s prepare the Tonkatsu sauce: in a small bowl, add 3 tbsp of Ketchup, 1 tbsp of Miso, 1 tbsp of honey, 2 tbsp of soy sauce, 1 tbsp of Oyster sauce, and 1 tbsp of Worcestershire. Then, mix until well combined.
- Finally, serve with cabbage, rice, or whatever you want.