The Best Moroccan Meatball Tagine
Learn how to make The Best Moroccan Meatball Tagine. Also called Moroccan KEFTA tagine. This Moroccan meatball tagine with preserved lemon & green olives dish is splendidly mouthwatering with a sharp tang. So, you should absolutely try it.
Great for a dinner party. It can also be served with fresh crusty bread.
Also, it is super easy and it takes about 35min to cook.
- 3 onions, peeled and chopped
- 600g minced lamb
- 1 whole unwaxed lemon, quartered
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp ginger
- small bunch of flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- Pinch of salt
- pinch of saffron
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp green olives
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 3 eggs
- Firstly, form meatballs by your hands, which include lamb, salt, cumin, paprika, and Garlic powder. (You could upload your preferred spices)
- Heat the oil in a tagine, add the onions, and cook for five minutes till the onion is watered down and beginning to color.
- Add the Meatballs, then after 5 min appends the tomato purée, all the spices, saffron, green pepper, and green olives, then carry to a boil.
- Then, turn the meatballs multiple times. Then, add lemon wedges, put them in among the meatballs, and crack 3 or 4 eggs. Cook, uncovered, for about 10 minutes till the liquid has decreased and thickened gently.
- Finally, serve it hot with Moroccan bread and enjoy!