Learn how to make The Best Cheesy Chicken Potato Croquettes at home for your family. This yummy recipe will be your kid’s favorite dish.
Also, these fabulous croquettes are filled with creamy, and cheesy chicken, and covered with breadcrumbs.
They are also super easy to make and extremely delicious. So, let’s learn how to prepare these yummy croquettes together.
The chicken :
- 300g of chicken
- 1 tbsp of salt
- A handful of bay leaves
- 3 or 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tbsp of black pepper
- 2 cups of water
- 4 mediums potato
The mixture of chicken and mashed potato:
- 1/2 tbsp of salt and 1/2 tbsp of black pepper
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp of dry parsley
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 120g of cheddar cheese
- 120g of mozzarella cheese
- Some mozzarella cheese sticks
- 2 tbsp of plain flour
- 2 beaten eggs
- Oil for frying
Boil the potato:
- Firstly, start by peeling your potatoes, and dice them into small cubes.
- Then, put them in a pot and boil for about 6 minutes, or until tender.
Boil and shred the chicken:
- In a large pot, add 300g of chicken pieces, 1 tbsp of salt, a handful of bay leaves, 3 or 4 garlic cloves, 1/2 tbsp of black pepper, and 2 cups of water. Then, boil for about 10 minutes.
The mixture of potato and chicken:
- After the potatoes are boiled, mash them using a fork. Set aside.
- Chop the boiled chicken into small pieces. Then, add them to mashed potato.
- In a bowl, add the mixture of mashed potatoes and chicken, then upload 1/2 tbsp of salt, 1/2 tbsp of black pepper, 1 tsp of paprika, 1 tsp of garlic powder, 1 tsp of onion powder, 1 tsp of dried parsley, 2 tbsp of olive oil, 120g of cheddar cheese, and 120g of mozzarella cheese, and mix well until fully combined.
- Then, take a medium piece of the mixture, flatten it well, and put mozzarella sticks in the medium. Then, close it well.
- Repeat the process until you finish all the mixture. Then, refrigerate for about 15 minutes.
- Next, roll them in the flour, double dip them in the beaten eggs, then coat them with breadcrumbs for more crunch.
- Deep fry in hot oil, on medium heat until golden brown.
- Finally, remove them from the heat and serve them with some ketchup and mayonnaise if you want to.