Learn how to make The Most Delicious Chicken shawarma recipe at home with basic ingredients and without any effort.
Moreover, this shawarma is filled with juicy, and flavorful chicken and with a yummy shawarma sauce. However, this recipe will be your favorite one. So, you can serve it with French fries, or whatever you want.
So, try it and enjoy it with your family.
The filling :
- 1 Lb chicken breast
- 1 tbsp of plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of coriander
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of cumin
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 1 tsp of shawarma masala
- 3 tbsp of lemon juice
The Bread :
- 3 cups of flour
- 1/2 tbsp of salt
- 1/2 tbsp of yeast
- 1/2 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 and half a cups of warm water
- 1 cup of plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp of parsley
- 1 tsp of garlic paste
- A pinch of salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp of mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp of ketchup
- 1/2 tbsp of mustard
Making the chicken :
- Firstly, slice your chicken breast fillets, and in a large bowl, add 1 tbsp of plain yogurt, 2 tbsp of olive oil, 1 tbsp of garlic powder, 1/2 tsp of coriander, 1 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp of paprika, 1/2 tsp of turmeric, 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, 1/2 tsp of cumin, 1/2 tsp of black pepper, 1 tsp of shawarma masala, and 3 tbsp of lemon juice, mix it all together.
- Then, dip your chicken breast until well coated and nice.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
Making the bread:
- In a large bowl, add 3 cups of flour, 1/2 tbsp of salt, 1/2 tbsp of yeast, 1/2 tbsp of sugar, 1 tbsp of olive oil, and 1 and half a cup of warm water.
- Then, mix it well, shape it into a round ball, cover it, and let it rise for about 45 minutes.
Making the sauce:
- In a medium bowl, add 2 tbsp of mayonnaise, 2 tbsp of ketchup, and 1/2 tbsp of mustard. Then, mix it well until nicely combined. Set aside
- In another bowl, add 1 cup of plain yogurt, 1 tsp of garlic paste, 1 tbsp of parsley, a pinch of salt and black pepper, and 2 tbsp of lemon juice, mix it all together until well incorporated. Then, set aside.
Cooking the bread:
- After 45 minutes it is ready to flatten, cut the dough into 6 pieces equally as much as possible.
- Then, shape it into a ball of dough, and on a floured surface, roll out the dough for about 5 inches in diameter. Repeat the process until you finish all the dough.
- In a pan at medium heat, cook the bread, so it takes nearly 1 to 2 minutes to cook for each side. This shawarma is also soft and playable to fold. (You can Save it in the fridge for a few days).
Cooking the chicken:
- In a pan at medium-high heat, cook the chicken fillets for about 5 minutes on both sides.
- Then, after cooking it, cut it into pieces.
Arranging the chicken shawarma:
- Firstly, put the bread, then spread the mayonnaise sauce evenly.
- Then, put some fresh-cut lettuce, some sliced onion, some sliced tomatoes, pickled gherkins, and the cooked chicken.
- Next, drizzle the shawarma sauce on top, and close it well.
- Finally, grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until done.
- Serve with french fries, in addition to sauces, and enjoy.