Learn how to make Easy Chocolate Donuts Recipe easily at home with basic ingredients.
This lovely recipe is fluffy, moist, and super delicious. These homemade chocolate donuts will be your family’s best treat.
Also, these flavorful donuts are ideal to serve at breakfast or as a snack with a cup of coffee, or tea. It is also chocolaty and topped with a sweet delicious chocolate glaze.
So, try to prepare it for your family and enjoy it with them.
The Dough :
- 1 large egg
- 4tbsp of granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp of powdered milk
- 1 tbsp of yeast
- 3/4 cup of flour
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
The chocolate glaze :
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp of heavy cream
- 2 tbsp of butter
Making the Dough :
- Firstly, in a large bowl, sift and add 3 tbsp of powdered milk, 1 tbsp of yeast, 3/4 cup of flour, 1/2 tsp of baking powder, 1/2 tsp of salt, and 3 tbsp of cocoa powder. Then, give it a good whisk to combine.
- Next, in a medium bowl, add 1 egg, with 4 tbsp of granulated sugar, and beat until the sugar dissolves.
- Then, gradually add 1 cup of warm water, 1/2 cup of vegetable oil, and 2 tsp of vanilla extract. And mix until nicely combined. You will get a smooth dough.
- Form it as a ball, and let it rise for about 20 minutes.
- On a floured surface, transfer the batter and knead it for about 5 to 6 minutes until you get a smooth, and elastic dough.
- Then, divide your dough into 10 or more equal parts, and cut it by using a cookie cutter, or a bottle cap to make a hole in the center. And let it rise for another 1 hour.
- After rising, Place your donuts in a greased baking pan. Then, brush them with milk.
- In a preheated oven at 180C°, bake your donuts for about 20 minutes, or until they light brown top. (Baking time may depend on your oven specification).
Making the ganache:
- Firstly, warm your water to medium heat. Then, place your bowl on top, and add 1/2 a cup of chocolate chips, 2 tbsp of heavy cream, and 2 tbsp of butter.
- Let it for just a few minutes, then stir and give it a good mix until melted and creamy.
- Finally, dip your baked donuts in melted chocolate and you can decorate with some sprinkles, or grated chocolate if you want to.
- Serve and enjoy.
You can store your leftovers for up to 3 days in an airtight container.