Learn How To Make Cheesy Au Gratin Recipe easily at home with basic ingredients, a healthy filling, and a golden delicious top.
Au Gratin is a French delicacy that you can serve with toasted bread, garlic bread, or whatever you prefer.
Also, this recipe is full of vegetables, a creamy white sauce, and a crunchy topping. So, you should absolutely try it, it will be your family’s best one.
- 1 cup of potato, cubed
- 3/4 cup of carrot, cubed
- 1/4 cup of green peas
- 1/2 cup of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup of beans
- 1/2 cup of cheese+2 tbsp for the white sauce
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/2 tsp of crushed pepper
- 1/4 tsp of nutmeg powder
- Salt to taste
- Firstly, boil 3 cups of water, and add salt to taste. Then, add gradually 1 cup of cubbed potato, 3/4 cup of cubbed carrot, and 1/2 cup of beans, and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Next, add 1/2 cup of cauliflower, and 1/4 cup of green peas. Then, cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the veggies from the heat and strain them. Set aside.
Making the white sauce:
- In a pot at low heat, add 1/4 cup of butter, and let it melt.
- Then, add 1/4 cup of flour, and whisk well until incorporated.
- Add 2 cups of milk, whisk simultaneously adding milk. Then, keep stirring until you get a creamy, and thick sauce.
- Then, add 1/2 tsp of salt to taste, 1/2 tsp of crushed pepper, 1/4 tsp of nutmeg powder, and 2 tbsp of cheese, and mix it all together until creamy sauce.
- Add the boiled veggies to the white sauce, and mix well to combine and cover.
- Then, in a greased baking dish (4 inches), pour your mixture, and sprinkle evenly 1/2 cup of grated cheese on top.
- In a preheated oven at 200C°, bake your veggies for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Finally, cut and serve it hot.