Here is The Best Cheesy Meatball Potato Casserole recipe to make easily at home with basic ingredients. It will be ready in a few minutes.
This flavorful casserole is cheesy, smooth, and so delicious. Also, it is super easy to make, you will absolutely love it. Your family also will ask you for more. So, why not impress them?
So, give it a try and enjoy it, you can serve it as a snack with crusty bread.
- 5 to 6 medium Potatoes, sliced
The Meatballs :
- 700g of beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp of fresh coriander
- 1 tsp of ginger
- 1 tbsp of garlic paste
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 and 1/2 tsp of chili powder
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of garam masala powder
The White sauce :
- 30g of unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour
- 500ml of milk
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 200g of mozzarella cheese to sprinkle
- Firstly, begin by cutting your potatoes into slices. Then, in a pot add 1 tsp of salt and the slices of potato in the boiling water, boil for about 2 to 3 minutes, drain the water and let it cool. Set aside.
Making the meatballs:
- In a large bowl, add 700g of beef, 1 medium onion finely chopped, 3 tbsp of fresh coriander, 1 tsp of ginger, 1 tbsp of garlic paste, 4 tbsp of olive oil, 1 and half a tsp of chili powder, 1 tsp of salt, 1 tbsp of cumin, and 1 tsp of garam masala powder. Then, mix all the ingredients together until incorporated.
- Then, shape 17 to 20 balls. Set aside.
Making the white sauce:
- Firstly, in a pan, add 30g of unsalted butter, with 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour. Then, cook and melt for about 1 minute or 2.
- Next, add 500ml of milk and stir well. And season with 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of black pepper to taste.
- Then, cook until you get a creamy, and thick sauce. Set aside.
Making the dish:
- Place your already boiled potatoes in the bottom and cover also the sides of your baking dish, put your balls, and insert slices of potatoes between them to fill the gaps.
- Then, pour evenly the white sauce over the meatballs, and sprinkle 200g of grated mozzarella cheese.
- In a preheated oven at 170C°, bake your dish for about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Finally, serve with garlic bread or crusty bread, and enjoy with your family.