How To Make Easy Mille Feuille at Home
Learn How To Make Easy Mille Feuille at home with basic ingredients, it will be ready in a few minutes. Mille Feuille is also called a thousand sheets in English.
This recipe is the best, layered with delicious frosting, and topped with flavorful icing. Super easy to make.
Also, this recipe is the kids best one, they love it, and you will also admire it. So, give it a try and impress your family.
- 375g of Ready rolled puff pastry
Custard cream :
- 2 cups and half milk
- 2 tbsp of granulated sugar
- 1 lemon zest
- 4 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 3 tbsp of cornstarch
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1 cup of icing sugar
- 2 tbsp of milk
- 3 tbsp of icing sugar
- 1 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp of water
- Some melted chocolate(optional)
Making the custard cream :
- Firstly, in a pot at medium heat, add 2 cups and half of the milk, 2 tbsp of granulated sugar, and 1 lemon zest, and mix all together. Then, boil for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add 4 egg yolks, and 1/4 cup of sugar, and whisk the ingredients until the sugar dissolves. Then, add 3 tbsp of cornstarch, and 1 tbsp of lemon juice, and mix all together until nicely combined.
- Next, gradually pour the boiled milk into the egg yolk mixture, and mix well until incorporated. Then, sift and return the mixture to the pot, and cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- Remove from the heat, and add 1 tbsp of butter, and mix until nicely combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for about 3 hours.
Puff pastry sheets:
- Roll it out, sprinkle some icing sugar, prick it with a fork, and put a layer of parchment paper. Then, put anything heavy on top.
- In a preheated oven at 180C°, bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, and let it cool slightly. Then, cut it into 3 equal stripes.
- Now, mix the custard cream well before using it. Then, pour it into the piping bag. Set aside.
Making the sugar frosting:
- In a small bowl, add 1 cup of icing sugar, and 2 tbsp of milk. Then, mix until creamy and smooth.
Making the chocolate icing:
- In another bowl, combine all together 3 tbsp of cornstarch, 1 tbsp of cocoa powder, 1 tbsp of water, and some melted chocolate if desired. Mix until smooth.
Arranging the mille Feuille:
- Put the first sheet, and spread evenly the custard cream until coated. Repeat the process with the second layer.
- Then, put the third layer, and pour the icing sugar frosting until covered.
- After that, pipe straight lines with chocolate icing. Then, use a skewer or a knife to rake across. And your Mille Feuille is ready to serve.
- It is preferable to refrigerate for about 3 to 5 hours before serving, you can also put it in the fridge even overnight.
- Finally, serve and enjoy with your family.
One thought on “How To Make Easy Mille Feuille at Home”