The Best Homemade Crispy Onion Rings
Learn how to make The Best Homemade Crispy onion rings easily at home with available ingredients, they will be ready in just a few minutes.
This delicious homemade fast food is absolutely my favorite one, quick, easy to make, and extremely tasty.
Also, with a crunchy, and crispy taste. It goes fantastic with a burger, or chicken shawarma, or accompanies this flavorful easy recipe with whatever you prefer, you can also eat it solo. So, to get a successful onion ring, it should be crispy and have some spice and heat.
- 1 large onion, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper
- A pinch of salt and a bit of black pepper to taste
- 1 cup of cold sparkling water
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
How To Make The Best Homemade Crispy Onion Rings:
- Firstly, peel your onion, and cut it with a sharp knife into about 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Then, gently separate the onion slices into rings, you will get large ones, medium ones, and small ones.
- In a mixing bowl, add 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour, 1/4 cup of cornstarch, 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper to give your onions some heat and fantastic color, and a pinch of salt and black pepper to taste. Then, give it a good mix until incorporated.
- In another bowl, pour your breadcrumbs, you can use any breadcrumbs you prefer.
- Then, gradually add 1 cup of cold sparkling water, you could use milk instead if you want to. And mix it all together until you get a smooth batter.
- Next, successfully dip all your onion rings into the water and flour mixture until they are well coated with the batter, drain the onion rings and use a fork to transfer them. Then, put them into the breadcrumbs and shake until nicely coated. And put your onion rings on a plate.
- In a frying pan at medium heat, heat about 1 liter of frying oil, put your onion rings carefully, and fry them until golden brown, there is no set timeline.
- Remove from the heat, and set them on a wire rack.
- Sprinkle some salt on top, and serve.