Here is The Best Mozzarella Cheese Kunafa Recipe to make easily at home with high-quality ingredients.
Kunafa is a classic dish from the middle east served as a dessert, no one can resist its freshness, and deliciousness. Also, soaked with sweet syrup and filled with mozzarella cheese, and extremely yummy.
This delightful recipe is made for special events and occasions, but you can also make it for your whole family, they will absolutely fall in love with this crispy Kunafa.
So, let’s start with the ingredients.
- 1 Lb of shredded kunafa dough
- 3 tbsp of softened butter
- 2 cups of mozzarella cheese
- 2 tins of fresh cream
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- A pinch of saffron
- 1 tsp of rose water
- A handful of pistachio powder
Making the syrup :
- Firstly, in a large pot at medium heat, add 2 cups of water, and 2 cups of granulated sugar and boil for about 5 minutes.
- Then, add 1 tbsp of lemon juice, a pinch of saffron, and 1 tsp of rose water, stir, and let it cook for 2 minutes, or until the sugar is dissolved and all the ingredients are incorporated. Set aside
Making the Filling:
- In a large bowl, add 2 cups of mozzarella cheese, with 2 tins of fresh cream. Then, mix it all together until nicely combined.
Making the Kunafa:
- On a cutting board, put your Kunafa dough and cut it well into small pieces. Then, place it in a large bowl, add 3 tbsp of softened butter, and give it a good mix, or until the Kunafa dough is ready. Set aside
- Brush your 10 inches pan with butter, spread evenly half of the Kunafa dough on your pan, press, and flatten it well.
- Then, pour your mozzarella cheese and fresh cream mixture on top of the Kunafa dough without touching the edges, and cover the cheese filling with the remaining Kunafa dough.
- In a preheated oven at 350F°, bake your Kunafa for about 15 minutes.
- Then, remove from the oven, pour your already prepared syrup on top, and sprinkle some pistachios powder on top.
- Finally, serve and enjoy.