Easy Oatmeal Bread Recipe to Make
Learn how to make an Easy Oatmeal Bread recipe easily at home with just a few ingredients and without any effort.
Oatmeal bread is a type of bread that is made with oats as one of its main ingredients. The oats are often added to the bread dough in the form of oatmeal, whole oats, or oat flour. This gives the bread a nutty flavor and a chewy texture, and can also add health benefits such as fiber, protein, and minerals. Oatmeal bread can be enjoyed on its own, toasted with butter, you can also add chocolate chips, raisins, and dried fruit, or maybe sprinkle some cinnamon sugar on top before baking, or used as a base for sandwiches.
So, here is an easy recipe for making oatmeal bread and enjoying them. Just give it a try and impress your family with this healthy wealthy oatmeal bread.
- 1 and 1/2 cups of warm water
- 1/4 cup of molasses
- 2 tsp of active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 tsp of salt
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 3 and 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of rolled oats
How to make Easy Oatmeal Bread:
- Then, add in the oil, salt, brown sugar, and all-purpose flour, mixing all the ingredients together until a dough forms. And stir in the oats until well combined.
- Firstly, in a large bowl, mix all together the warm water, molasses, and active yeast. Let it sit for about 5 minutes, or until the yeast is totally frothy.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead it for about 10 minutes, or until elastic and smooth.
- Then, place the dough into a greased bowl, cover it with plastic wrap, and let it rise for about 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide the dough into 2 equal pieces.
- Then, shape each piece into a loaf and place them into greased loaf pans. Let the loaves rise for another 30 minutes.
- In a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C), bake your oatmeal bread for about 35-40 minutes, or until the loaves are golden brown and sound hollow when tapped.
- Finally, let the loaves cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
Enjoy your delicious oatmeal bread!
4 thoughts on “Easy Oatmeal Bread Recipe to Make”