How To Make Easy Lentil Soup Recipe
Learn How To Make Easy and delicious lentil soup easily at home. This flavorful recipe is a classic middle eastern dish that is served particularly during winter.
This lentil soup recipe is full of wholesome ingredients, extremely delicious, and super easy to make. It requires just a few ingredients to be ready to enjoy.
Also, this creamy and smooth recipe will be your best one. It will warm your heart and soul with its special flavor.
So, just give it a try and impress your beloved ones.
- 1 cup of yellow or red lentils
- 1 diced onion
- 1 diced carrot
- 1 diced potato
- 2 tbsp of softened butter
- 1 tbsp of flour
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 liter of hot water
How To Make Easy Lentil Soup Recipe:
- Firstly, wash and rinse thoroughly, and on a cutting board chop your onion, your carrot, and also your potato.
- In a pot at medium heat, add 2 tbsp of olive oil, and 1 chopped onion, and cook for about 5 to 6 minutes, or until slightly brown.
- Then, add 1 chopped carrot, and 2 bay leaves, and cook for about 3 minutes, or until fragrant and soft.
- Next, add your chopped potato, and cook for about another 2 minutes. Then, add your cleaned lentils and cook for another 5 or 6 minutes.
- After that, add 2 tbsp of softened butter, and let it melt. Then, add 1 tbsp of flour, and give it a good mix until nicely incorporated.
- Reduce your heat to low, and add 1 liter of hot water to the mixture, and 1 tsp of turmeric. Then, mix, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- After that, remove the bay leaves, and blend the cooked ingredients until you get a smooth, creamy soup.
- Heat up 1 tbsp of olive oil with 2 tsp of paprika, and mix it together to combine.
- Finally, pour the soup on a plate, and drizzle the olive oil and paprika powder mixture on top. And enjoy.
One thought on “How To Make Easy Lentil Soup Recipe”