Let’s make together These Easy Buttermilk Biscuits easily at home with handy ingredients and without any effort.
These stunning buttermilk biscuits are fluffy, soft, and buttery. Also, these delightful biscuits are full of tasty buttery flavor and go well with so many dishes. With a flaky inside, and they are super easy to make.
So, just follow the steps and directions to get perfect and delicious buttermilk biscuits, and keep trying until you get it right.
- 2 and 1/3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 5 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup of cold unsalted butter
- 1 cup of cold buttermilk
How To Make Easy Buttermilk Biscuits:
- Firstly, in a large bowl, add 2 and 1/3 cups of all-purpose flour, 5 tsp of baking powder, 2 tsp of granulated sugar, and 1 tsp of salt. Then, give it a good mix to combine.
- After that, cut up 3/4 cup of cold unsalted butter into small cubes (Ensure that your unsalted butter is cold straight out of the fridge because that’s crucial for biscuits), and add it to the flour mixture.
- Then, cut the butter into the flour by using a pastry cutter, or just use your clean hands to incorporate all the ingredients together.
- Once the butter is cut down, add 1 cup of cold buttermilk. Then, mix all together with a spatula until nicely combined.
- On a clean surface, transfer your dough, and form it in a rectangle shape, cut it in half by using a sharp knife. Then, take one half and stack it on top, and pat it back down into the identical rectangle shape you did first.
- Then, you cut in half again, stack it, and flatten it out. And repeat the process one more time, it will be a total of 3 times. (Note: If your dough gets a little warm, you can just put it in the fridge again to let it firm, and then continue the stacking process).
- Now, after stacking it for the last time, press down, and roll it out to a circle 3/4 inch thick. Then, cut your biscuits by using a round cookie cutter.
- Transfer your buttermilk biscuits to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Then, refrigerate for about 15 minutes to firm up the butter that likely got a little soft.
- In a preheated oven at 425F°, bake them for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy them.