Let’s learn How To Make Easy Snowman Sugar Cookies easily at home with basic ingredients.
These cookies are super easy to make, and they are also so much fun to decorate. Your cookies will be your kids’ best snack with a special royal icing made with a few ingredients.
This recipe is perfect for special events and occasions, you can prepare it for your family on holidays or for any celebration. You can use any shape or size for your snowman cookies.
So, try them and enjoy them with your beloved ones.
The dough :
- 280g of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 3/4 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 large whole egg
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
The royal icing:
- 1 pound of sifted confectioner sugar (about 450g)
- 3 tbsp of meringue powder
- 10 tbsp of water
- Black, orange, and red food coloring.
Making the Dough :
- Firstly, in a large bowl, add 280g of all-purpose flour, 1/2 tsp of baking powder, and 1/4 tsp of salt. Then, mix them all together and set them aside.
- In a large bowl, add 3/4 cup of unsalted butter with 3/4 cup of granulated sugar. Then, beat them for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until creamy and smooth.
- Next, add 1 large egg, and 2 tsp of vanilla extract. Then, whisk all together until nicely combined and incorporated.
- Now, you can add your dry ingredients to the butter and sugar mixture, stir and mix all the ingredients well until you get a smooth, and nice dough that you can be able to roll.
- Divide your dough into 2 equal parts, and roll both of these pieces onto a piece of parchment paper, you can shape it at any size and shape. Then, fill the portions, with parchment paper between the two, cover the top piece with a piece of parchment paper, onto a baking sheet, and refrigerate for about 4 hours and up.
- After that, remove your dough from the fridge, and on a floured surface, cut your dough by using a snowman cookie cutter. Repeat the process until you finish the 2 portions.
- Line your prepared cookies on your baking sheets with some space between them.
- In a preheated oven at 350F°, bake your cookies for about 12 to 15 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven, and let it cool on a wire rack.
Making the royal icing:
- In a large bowl, sift and add 1 pound of confectioner sugar, with 3 tbsp of meringue powder, and 10 tbsp of water.
- Then, beat all together until nicely combined, and you will get a smooth, creamy icing.
- Next, arrange 3 bowls, in each bowl add color, just a hint of each one. Mix it with a spatula and fold it in. Don’t overmix it. Save some icing without color.
- Then, spoon icings into piping bags. And start your decoration. You can use a round icing tip and enjoy.
- Outline and fill your snowman with white icing, then after setting up, on top of the white icing, pipe the scarf with red icing. Next, pipe the hat, eyes, and buttons with black icing. Finally, pipe the nose with orange icing by using the same piping tip.
- You can store it in the fridge for up to 10 days.
These snowman cookies are perfect as a gift and are super delicious.