Here are The Best Lemon Cupcakes to make easily at home with available ingredients and in just a few minutes they will be ready. So, let’s prepare it together.
This flavorful recipe is super delicious with a lemon flavor, fluffy, and moist. Also, you can make it in different ways and add different ingredients to it. You will fall in love with these appetizing lemon cupcakes.
So, just try it and you won’t regret it at all, impress your whole family and enjoy it.
The Cupcakes :
- 2 and 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 and 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 2 lemon zest
- 1 cup of buttermilk
The Lemon Curd:
- 2 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp of cornstarch
- 1 lemon zest
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of butter
The cream cheese frosting :
- 200g of cold cream cheese
- 1 cup of sugar powder
- 1/4 cup of milk powder
- 113g of unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
Making the cupcakes :
- Firstly, in a large bowl, sieve and add 2 and 1/2 cups of flour, 1/4 tsp of salt, and 1 tbsp of baking powder. Set aside.
- Then, in a mixing bowl, add 3 large eggs, with 1 and 1/2 cups of sugar, and 1/2 cup of oil. And mix it all together with a hand mixer at medium speed until creamy and nicely combined.
- Add 1/2 cup of low-fat yogurt, 1/4 cup of lemon juice, and 2 lemon juice. Then, whisk them until combined.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and 1 cup of buttermilk to the egg mixture, and beat on low speed to combine. And continue mixing by using a spatula until you get a smooth batter. Then, in a greased cupcakes tin, pour the batter halfway.
- In a preheated oven at 350F°, bake your cupcakes for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Making the lemon curd:
- In a small pan, add 2 egg yolks, with 1/2 cup of sugar, mix them, and cook until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is thick.
- Then, add 1 tbsp of cornstarch, mix it well, and add 1 lemon zest, and 1/2 cup of lemon juice, whisk, and let it cook until the mixture is thick.
- Remove from the heat and add 1 tbsp of butter, mix until melted, cover, and refrigerate.
Making the cream cheese frosting:
- In a large mixing bowl, add 200g of cold cream cheese, with 1 cup of sugar powder, and 1/4 cup of milk powder. Then, mix with a hand mixer until creamy and smooth.
- Add 113g of unsalted butter, and 1 tsp of lemon juice. And beat on low speed until nicely combined and creamy. Then, make your frosting cream cheese in a piping bag.
Frosting the cupcakes:
- Make a hollow in the middle of your cupcakes with a bottle cup, fill up the prepared lemon curd, and close the hollow.
- Then, pipe your cupcakes evenly with your prepared piping bag with the cream cheese frosting. (You can sprinkle some chocolate chips; decorate with slices of lemon). And your lemon cupcakes are ready to eat.
- Finally, serve and enjoy!