How To Make Easy Homemade Bagels
Learn How To Make Easy Homemade Bagels easily at home with handy ingredients and that doesn’t take lots of time to be ready.
Those homemade bagels are and extremely delicious and easy to make recipe. Just boil and bake your bagels and spread with any filling you prefer, they will be your favorite ones. And they are for those lazy people who won’t bother themselves with cooking!
So, just give them a try and impress your whole family.
- 240g of bread flour
- 20g of granulated sugar
- 4g of salt
- 2g of dry active yeast
- 140ml of tepid water
How To Make Easy Homemade Bagels:
- Firstly, in a mixing bowl, add 240g of bread flour, 20g of granulated sugar, 4g of salt, and 2g of dry active yeast. Then, mix it all together to combine.
- After that, add gradually 140g of tepid water, and keep mixing on low speed for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until you get a smooth and elastic dough. Then, set the mixer at medium speed and mix all the ingredients for about 15 minutes.
- Form the dough into a ball, place it in a greased bowl, cover it, and ferment it for about 30 minutes. Then, punch out the dough to release the gas, and on a lightly floured surface, divide the dough to 6 pieces, round into a ball, and let it rest for another 20 minutes.
- Then, take each ball, poke a deep hole, and widen it well.
- In a large pot, add some water with 2 tbsp of honey, and bring to a boil.
- Then, add 2 bagels at a time, and boil for about 50 seconds each side. Drain the excess water and put them in a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush them with egg wash (1egg+2tbsp of milk), and top with sesame seeds.
- In a preheated oven at 410F°, bake your bagels for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Finally, serve them hot with what you prefer, jam,