Here is The Best Homemade Falafel Recipe easily at home. With available ingredients and doesn’t take much time. Falafel is a popular Middle Eastern food made from ground chickpeas or fava beans that are mixed with herbs, spices, and onion, then shaped into small balls or patties and deep-fried until crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
Falafel is often served on pita bread with hummus, tahini sauce, and fresh vegetables like tomatoes, lettuce, onions, and pickles. It can also be served as an appetizer or snack, accompanied by dips like tzatziki or baba ghanoush.
Falafel is a vegan and vegetarian-friendly food, and it is a good source of plant-based protein, fiber, and other important nutrients. It is also gluten-free and can be made with a variety of spices and herbs, making it a versatile and flavorful dish.
So, just give it a try and impress your whole family.
- 1 cup of dried chickpeas, soaked overnight
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of coriander
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Firstly, drain the soaked chickpeas and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- In a food processor, pulse together the chickpeas, onion, garlic, parsley, cilantro, cumin, coriander, baking powder, salt, and pepper until you have a coarse paste.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Then, heat vegetable oil in a deep pot or fryer until it reaches 375°F (190°C).
- Then, scoop a heaping tablespoon of the mixture and shape it into a small ball. Flatten it slightly and repeat until you have used up all the mixture.
- Fry the falafel in batches until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes.
- Finally, drain the falafel on paper towels and serve hot with pita bread, hummus, and tahini sauce.
Enjoy your delicious homemade falafel!