The Best Japanese Vegetable YAKISOBA
Here is The Best Japanese Vegetable yakisoba recipe to make easily at home. Vegetable yakisoba is a Japanese dish that typically consists of stir-fried noodles with a variety of vegetables and a savory sauce. The dish is typically made with yakisoba noodles, which are similar to ramen noodles but thinner and wheat-based and have a slightly chewy texture.
The vegetables used in vegetable yakisoba can vary, but commonly include onions, carrots, bell peppers, and cabbage. The vegetables are typically sliced or julienned and stir-fry until slightly softened, but still retain some crunch.
The sauce used in vegetable yakisoba is a combination of soy sauce, oyster sauce, mirin, and sugar, which gives the dish its savory and slightly sweet flavor. The sauce is poured over the stir-fried vegetables and noodles and tossed together until everything is fully coated.
Vegetable yakisoba is a popular and versatile dish that can be enjoyed as a main course or a side dish. It’s a great way to incorporate a variety of vegetables into your diet and can be customized with different proteins or additional vegetables to suit your tastes.
- 8 oz yakisoba noodles (dried or fresh)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Green onions, chopped (optional)
- Firstly, cook the yakisoba noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the vegetable oil over high heat.
- Add the sliced onion and minced garlic, and sauté until fragrant and slightly softened.
- Then, add the julienned carrots, sliced red bell pepper, and shredded cabbage to the skillet. Stir-fry for about 2-3 minutes, or until the vegetables are slightly softened.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, mirin, and sugar.
- Pour the sauce over the vegetables, and stir-fry for another 1-2 minutes, or until the vegetables are fully coated in the sauce.
- Then, add the cooked yakisoba noodles to the skillet, and toss everything together until the noodles are fully coated in the sauce and heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Optional: sprinkle chopped green onions over the top for garnish.
- Finally, serve hot and enjoy your vegetable YAKISOBA dish!