The Best Moroccan Bissara Soup
Learn how to make The Best Moroccan Bissara Soup or know also as dried fava bean soup or dip. This hearty soup is often served for breakfast in winter, especially in the north.
Also, this flavorful recipe is full of wholesome ingredients and spices that you will absolutely love it.
Moreover, bissara soup was originally known as a meal for the poor, but nowadays it becomes a delicious dish that everyone enjoys it. So, just give it a try you won’t regret it.
- 125g of dried green peas
- 125g of dried fava beans
- 1 liter of water(4cups)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of ground cumin or more
- 1 tbsp of chili powder
- 5 tbsp of olive oil
How To Make The Best Moroccan Bissara Soup:
- Firstly, wash your green peas and fava beans until the water runs clear.
- Then, in a large pot at medium-high heat, add the following ingredients: Dried green peas, dried fava beans, 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped, water, and 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Once the water begins boiling, remove the whitish foam from the surface.
- Then, reduce the heat to medium and cook for about 45 minutes, or until the green peas and the fava beans are soft and tender. (Keep checking the level of water until your ingredients are done).
- Turn off the flame; use a hand mixer to blend all of these ingredients until you get a smooth and creamy soup. (Adjust the thickness of your bissara soup by adding water or let it just like that).
- Then, add 1 tbsp of ground cumin, 1 tbsp of chili powder, and 3 tbsp of olive oil. And turn on the heat to medium, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Finally, sprinkle more cumin and a bit of red pepper on top, and drop some olive oil. Then, serve hot with bread and enjoy!
- You can substitute green peas with fava beans, or use both of them you have the choice.
- You can store the Bissara soup for 3 days in the fridge
One thought on “The Best Moroccan Bissara Soup”
I was very pleased to uncover this web site. I want to to thank you for your time due to this fantastic read!! I definitely appreciated every bit of it and I have you bookmarked to look at new things on your website.