How To Make The Best Shrimp Tagine
Learn How To Make The Best Shrimp Tagine easily at home with a few ingredients and that doesn’t take you lots of time to be ready. So, just arrange and organize all the ingredients and cook your tagine.
Shrimp tagine is a traditional Moroccan dish that features succulent shrimp cooked with a variety of spices in a flavorful tomato-based sauce. The dish is typically prepared in a clay pot with a conical lid, called a tagine, which helps to slow-cook and infuse the ingredients with its flavors.
The shrimp are first marinated in a blend of aromatic spices, such as cumin, paprika, ginger, and bay leaf, and then cooked with onions, garlic, and tomatoes. The dish is usually finished with a sprinkle of fresh herbs, such or parsley, and served alongside a bed of fluffy couscous or Moroccan bread (KHOBZ).
The result is a delicious and hearty dish that is rich in flavor and perfect for serving as a main course for a family dinner or special occasion.
- 1 lb of shrimp, peeled
- 2 tomatoes, grated
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of paprika
- ½ tsp of ginger
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- 1 tbsp of cumin
- 1 tbsp of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp of tomato paste
- Lemon wedges for garnish(If desired)
How to make the best shrimp tagine recipe:
- Firstly, wash the shrimp under the water, and remove the head, legs and shells (tails if you desire).
- Peel and grate the tomatoes and set aside.
- In a medium tagine at low heat, add 2 tbsp of olive oil, and 1 small onion. Then, sauté for about 5 minutes or until the onion is soft.
- Add 4 cloves of garlic for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Then, add the grated tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste, 1 tbsp of paprika, ½ tsp of ginger, 1 tbsp of cumin, 1 tsp of tomato paste, and 1 bay leaf. Mix all the ingredients to combine. Cover and allow the tagine to simmer for about 30 minutes or until the sauce is done.
- Now, add the cleaned and peeled shrimp to the tagine, with a few tbsp of water and cover.
- Cook the shrimp for 30 minutes, or until all done. (Check from time to time).
- Once cooked, remove the tagine from the heat and garnish with fresh parsley, and a drop of olive oil.
- Serve tha tagine with Moroccan bread (KHOBZ), or whatever you prefer.
Enjoy your shrimp tagine!
4 thoughts on “How To Make The Best Shrimp Tagine”
I was very pleased to uncover this web site. I want to to thank you for your time due to this fantastic read!! I definitely appreciated every bit of it and I have you bookmarked to look at new things on your website.
Are you sure it takes 30 to cook shrimp? Or do you like your shrimp over-cooked and rubbery?
For me it’s perfectly done! It all depends on the shrimp size, tagine cooking, and the minimal application of heat! And as you said I like over-cooked shrimp!