How To Make Perfect-Seared Scallops
Learn How To Make Perfect-Seared Scallops recipe easily at home with handy ingredients that don’t need the effort to prepare. Seared scallops with garlic lemon sauce is a delicious and elegant seafood dish that features tender and juicy scallops seared to perfection and drizzled with a flavorful garlic lemon sauce.
This dish is best served as a main course with some vegetables or a salad on the side and pairs well with a variety of sides such as roasted vegetables, risotto, or mashed potatoes. It’s perfect for a special occasion or a romantic dinner at home. Also, this recipe is extremely delicious, with a special taste, and super easy to make.
So, why not try this flavorful dish and impress your beloved ones?
- 1 lb of sea scallops, patted dry
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley
How To Make Perfect Seared Scallops Recipe:
- Firstly, season the scallops with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat until it begins to shimmer.
- Add the scallops to the skillet, making sure they are in a single layer and not touching. Cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown and opaque in the center. Remove the scallops from the skillet and set aside.
- Then, in the same skillet, reduce the heat to medium and add the garlic. Cook for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add the water and lemon juice to the skillet, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Then, simmer until the liquid has reduced by half, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and whisk in the butter until it has melted and the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Return the scallops to the skillet, tossing them to coat in the sauce. Cook for an additional minute or until the scallops are heated through.
- Finally, sprinkle the chopped parsley, or lemon wedges if you prefer over the scallops and serve immediately.