The Most Delicious Paska-Cruffin Recipe
Here is The Most Delicious Paska-Cruffin Recipe to try this time at home. Paska-cruffin is a delightful pastry that combines the best elements of French croissants and Italian panettone. The pastry has a light and flaky texture, similar to croissants, and is infused with the sweet and fruity flavor of panettone.
Paska-cruffins are typically made with a yeast-based dough that is enriched with butter, eggs, and sugar, which gives the pastry a rich and indulgent taste. They are usually full of candied fruits, raisins, nuts, or chocolate chips, which add a delightful crunch and sweetness to the pastry.
To make paska-cruffins, the dough is rolled out and shaped into small balls, which you can place in a muffin tin and allow to rise. Once risen, the paska-cruffins are brushed with a mixture of melted butter, sugar, and cinnamon before being baked in the oven until golden brown. The final result is a delicious pastry that is perfect for breakfast or brunch, or as a sweet treat to enjoy any time of the day.
Also, paska-cruffins are a delicious pastry hybrid that combines the flavors of Italian panettone and French croissants. Here’s a recipe for making paska-cruffins at home:
- 1/2 cup of whole milk, warmed to 110°F
- 2 1/4 teaspoons of active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/4 cup of sour cream, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of candied orange peel, chopped
- 1/4 cup of raisins
- 1/4 cup of chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Firstly, in a large bowl, whisk together the warm milk, yeast, and 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes until the mixture is frothy.
- Add the flour, salt, remaining sugar, and butter to the bowl. Mix together until a dough forms. Add in the egg, sour cream, and vanilla extract and mix until fully incorporated. Add in the candied orange peel, raisins, and chopped almonds and mix until evenly distributed.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead for 5-7 minutes until smooth and elastic. Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover it with plastic wrap. Let the dough rise in a warm, draft-free place for 1-2 hours until it has doubled in size.
- After the dough has risen, punch it down and divide it into 12 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and place it in a muffin tin. Cover the muffin tin with plastic wrap and let it rise for an additional 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, granulated sugar, and cinnamon. Brush the mixture onto the paska-cruffins.
- Bake the paska-cruffins for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown. Let them cool in the
2 thoughts on “The Most Delicious Paska-Cruffin Recipe”
I was very pleased to uncover this web site. I want to to thank you for your time due to this fantastic read!! I definitely appreciated every bit of it and I have you bookmarked to look at new things on your website.
We hope that you enjoy it! Best to you!