How To Make The Best Shawarma Omelettes
Learn How To Make The Best Shawarma Omelettes ever easily at home. Shawarma omelettes are a savory breakfast dish that combines the flavors of a classic shawarma sandwich with fluffy scrambled eggs. The dish typically includes cooked shawarma meat that is chopped and mixed with onions and bell peppers, which are then folded into a fluffy omelette made with eggs, milk, and spices such as cumin, paprika, and turmeric. The resulting dish is a flavorful, protein-packed breakfast that is easy to make and perfect for any time of day. Shawarma omelettes are often garnished with fresh herbs like parsley or cilantro and served with a side of toasted bread or pita for a complete meal.
Shawarma omelettes are a delicious and easy way to start your day! Here’s a recipe you can follow. So, give it a try and enjoy the taste !
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/2 cup of cooked shawarma meat, chopped
- 1/4 cup of chopped onion
- 1/4 cup of chopped bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Firstly, in a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, cumin, paprika, and turmeric.
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook until softened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Then, add the chopped shawarma meat to the skillet and stir to combine with the onion and bell pepper. Cook for another 1-2 minutes until the meat is heated through.
- Pour the egg mixture over the shawarma mixture in the skillet and use a spatula to spread it out evenly.
- Cook the omelette for about 2-3 minutes until the edges start to set and the bottom is golden brown. Then, use a spatula to fold the omelette in half and continue cooking for another 1-2 minutes until the egg is fully cooked and the filling is heated through.
- Finally, garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve hot.
Here are some tips to help you achieve the perfect shawarma omelette:
- Use leftover shawarma meat: Using leftover shawarma meat from a previous meal will add more flavor and reduce the prep time for this dish.
- Cook the vegetables first: Sautéing the onion and bell pepper before adding the shawarma meat will help to soften them and release their flavors.
- Beat the eggs well: Whisking the eggs thoroughly with milk and spices will create a light and fluffy omelette.
- Cook the omelette over medium heat: Cooking the omelette over medium heat will allow the eggs to cook evenly without burning.
- Use a non-stick pan: A non-stick pan will prevent the eggs from sticking and make it easier to flip the omelette.
- Fold the omelette carefully: Using a spatula to fold the omelette in half will prevent it from breaking and ensure that the filling is evenly distributed.
- Let it rest before cutting: Allow the omelette to rest for a minute or two before cutting it. This will help the eggs to set and prevent the filling from falling out.
By following these tips, you can create a delicious and perfectly cooked shawarma omelette that is sure to satisfy your cravings!