Easy Chocolate Babka Recipe To Make
Here is an Easy Chocolate Babka Recipe to make easily at home. Chocolate babka is a sweet, rich, yeast bread that’s full of layers of chocolate and a streusel topping. The bread is typically made with a brioche dough, which is enriched with eggs, butter, and milk, giving it a soft and tender texture.
The filling is a mixture of melted chocolate, butter, sugar, cocoa powder, and cinnamon, which is spread over the rolled-out dough before it’s rolled up into a spiral. The streusel topping is made with flour, sugar, and chilled butter that’s cut into small pieces, giving the babka a crunchy and crumbly texture on top.
The finished babka has a beautiful marbled appearance, with swirls of chocolate running through the soft, tender bread. It’s typically served in slices and can be enjoyed for breakfast, as a snack, or as a dessert.
Chocolate babka is a traditional Eastern European Jewish pastry, and it’s become popular all over the world. Its rich, sweet flavor and beautiful appearance make it a beloved treat for people of all ages.
So, here’s a classic recipe for a chocolate babka:
For the dough:
- 4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp of (1 packet) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup of warm milk
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened
For the filling:
- 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
For the streusel:
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp of milk
- Finally, in a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and yeast.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the warm milk, eggs, vanilla extract, and salt. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until a shaggy dough forms.
- Then, add the softened butter and knead the dough until it becomes smooth and elastic. Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it with a damp towel, and let it rise in a warm, draft-free area for about an hour or until it has doubled in size. While the dough is rising, make the filling. In a double boiler, melt together the chocolate chips and butter. Add the sugar, cocoa powder, and cinnamon and stir until the mixture is smooth.
- For the streusel, mix together the flour and sugar in a small bowl. Add the chilled cubed butter and use a pastry cutter or your fingers to mix until the mixture resembles coarse sand.
- Then, preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Once the dough has risen, punch it down and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll the dough out into a rectangle that’s about 16×12 inches. Then, spread the chocolate filling evenly over the dough, leaving about 1/2 inch of space around the edges. Sprinkle the streusel over the filling.
- Starting from the long side, roll the dough up tightly like a jelly roll. Pinch the ends to seal and tuck them under the loaf. Place the babka in the prepared loaf pan.
- Then, bake the babka for about 45-50 minutes or until it’s golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped. Let the babka cool in the pan for about 10-15 minutes before removing it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the babka is cooling, make the glaze. Whisk together the powdered sugar and milk until a smooth glaze forms. Once the babka is cool, drizzle the glaze over the top.
- Finally, slice and serve!
One thought on “Easy Chocolate Babka Recipe To Make”
הכל פתוח מאוד עם באמת ברור הבהרה של אתגרים. זה היה באמת אינפורמטיבי. האתר שלך הוא מאוד מועיל. תודה על שיתוף!