Here is The Most Delicious Chicken Parm recipe to make easily at home with common ingredients. Chicken Parmesan, also known as Chicken Parmigiana, is a popular Italian-American dish that typically consists of breaded and fried chicken cutlets that are topped with tomato sauce and melted cheese, usually mozzarella or Parmesan.
To make chicken parm, boneless and skinless chicken breasts are pounded thin, seasoned with salt and pepper, then dredged in flour, egg, and seasoned breadcrumbs before being pan-fried until golden brown and crispy. The chicken is then topped with tomato sauce and cheese, and baked until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
The tomato sauce used in chicken parm is usually a simple marinara sauce, although some recipes call for a more complex tomato sauce made with garlic, onions, and herbs. The cheese used in chicken parm can vary, but mozzarella is the most commonly used cheese. Some recipes also call for Parmesan cheese, either grated on top of the mozzarella or mixed in with the breadcrumbs.
Chicken parm is often served with a side of pasta, such as spaghetti or linguine, and a green salad. It is a hearty and comforting dish that is perfect for a cozy family dinner or a special occasion.
Here’s a simple recipe for making delicious chicken parm at home:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups of seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 cups of marinara sauce
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl, the beaten eggs in another shallow bowl, and the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, dried basil, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper in a third shallow bowl.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and black pepper.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour, shaking off any excess.
- Then, dip the chicken in the beaten eggs, then coat in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing the breadcrumbs onto the chicken to ensure they stick.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Then, add the chicken to the skillet and cook until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Transfer the chicken to a baking dish and spoon marinara sauce over each chicken breast. Then, sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over the marinara sauce.
- Bake the chicken in the preheated oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 15-20 minutes.
- Finally, let the chicken cool for a few minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh basil leaves if desired.
Enjoy your homemade Chicken Parmesan!