Delicious Baked Tilapia with Lemon Recipe
Here is a Delicious Baked Tilapia with Lemon Recipe that you can make easily at Home. Baked tilapia with lemon is a delightful and light dish that showcases the natural flavors of the fish while adding a refreshing tanginess from the lemon. The combination of tender tilapia fillets, zesty lemon slices, and aromatic herbs creates a dish that is both simple to prepare and full of flavor.
The tilapia fillets are the star of this dish. They are mild and flaky, making them a popular choice for those who enjoy a delicate fish flavor. The fillets are rinsed and patted dry before being placed in a baking dish, where they will cook to perfection.
Lemon plays a vital role in this recipe, infusing tilapia with its bright and citrusy essence. Thin slices of lemon are layered on top of the fillets, which not only provide a burst of flavor but also help to keep the fish moist during baking. The juice from the second lemon is squeezed over the fish, further enhancing the lemony profile.
Olive oil is drizzled over the fish, adding a touch of richness and ensuring that the fillets remain succulent and tender. It also helps to bind the flavors together and provides a lovely golden hue to the finished dish.
To season the baked tilapia, a simple combination of salt and pepper is used, allowing the flavors of the fish and lemon to shine through. Additionally, fresh herbs such as parsley or dill can be sprinkled over the top for added aroma and a hint of freshness.
Once assembled, the baking dish is placed in a preheated oven and baked until the tilapia is fully cooked. The fish should be opaque and easily flake apart when gently prodded with a fork. Cooking times may vary depending on the thickness of the fillets, so it’s important to keep an eye on them to prevent overcooking.
The result is a tender and moist baked tilapia with a hint of tangy lemon flavor. The aroma of the fish mingling with the citrus notes is truly delightful. The dish can be served as is, with the lemon slices on top, and accompanied by the flavorful juices that collect in the baking dish.
Baked tilapia with lemon is a versatile dish that can be paired with various side dishes to complete the meal. It goes well with steamed vegetables, such as asparagus or green beans, which provide a crisp and nutritious contrast. You can also serve it with rice, quinoa, or roasted potatoes for a heartier option. A fresh salad with a light vinaigrette dressing is another excellent choice to complement the flavors of the fish. So, here’s a simple recipe for baked tilapia with lemon:
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh herbs (such as parsley or dill), chopped (optional)
- Firstly, preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Lightly grease a baking dish or line it with parchment paper.
- Then, rinse the tilapia fillets under cold water and pat them dry with paper towels. Place the fillets in the prepared baking dish, leaving some space between them.
- Cut one lemon into thin slices. Place the lemon slices on top of the tilapia fillets, covering them evenly. Squeeze the juice from the other lemon over the fish.
- Then, drizzle the olive oil evenly over the fish and lemon slices. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If desired, sprinkle fresh herbs over the top for added flavor.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork. The exact cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the fillets, so keep an eye on them.
- Once the fish is cooked, remove the baking dish from the oven.
- Finally, serve the baked tilapia with lemon slices on top, along with any accumulated juices from the dish.
You can pair this delicious baked tilapia with lemon with steamed vegetables, rice, or a fresh salad for a complete meal. Enjoy!