Easy Classic Turtle Cheesecake Recipe
Here is an Easy Classic Turtle Cheesecake Recipe to Make at Home. Turtle cheesecake is a decadent and indulgent dessert that combines the creamy richness of cheesecake with the classic flavors of turtle candy. It gets its name from the combination of caramel, chocolate, and pecans, reminiscent of a turtle’s shell.
The base of a turtle cheesecake typically starts with a buttery graham cracker crust. The crust is made by combining graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and a touch of sugar. It forms a firm and slightly sweet foundation for the cheesecake.
The cheesecake filling:
Is made with cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. The cream cheese is beaten until smooth and creamy, creating a luscious and velvety texture. The eggs are added one at a time, ensuring a smooth incorporation and the vanilla extract enhances the overall flavor.
Once the cheesecake filling is prepared, it is poured over the graham cracker crust in a springform pan and baked in the oven until set. The cheesecake is then allowed to cool and chill in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight. This resting time helps the cheesecake set properly and allows the flavors to meld together.
The turtle topping:
Is added just before serving. Caramel sauce is drizzled over the top of the chilled cheesecake, creating a gooey and sweet layer. Chopped pecans are then sprinkled over the caramel, providing a nutty crunch. Finally, chocolate chips are scattered on top, adding a touch of rich, melted chocolate.
The combination of the creamy cheesecake filling, the sticky caramel sauce, the crunchy pecans, and the decadent chocolate creates a perfect balance of flavors and textures. Each bite offers a delightful contrast between smooth and creamy, sweet and slightly salty, and soft and crunchy.
Turtle cheesecake is often served chilled, allowing the flavors to fully develop and providing a refreshing contrast to the richness of the dessert. It is a popular choice for special occasions, holidays, or whenever you’re craving a truly indulgent treat. So, here’s a recipe for a classic turtle cheesecake:
For the crust:
- 1 ½ cups of graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup of melted butter
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
For the cheesecake filling:
- 24 oz (680g) of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
For the turtle topping:
- 1 cup of caramel sauce
- 1 cup of chopped pecans
- ½ cup of chocolate chips
- Firstly, preheat your oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease a 9-inch springform pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar for the crust. Mix until the crumbs are evenly coated. Then, press the crust mixture into the bottom of the prepared springform pan, creating an even layer. You can use the back of a spoon or the bottom of a glass to press it down firmly.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and granulated sugar together until smooth and creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Stir in the vanilla extract. Then, pour the cheesecake filling over the crust in the springform pan. Smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake the cheesecake in the preheated oven for about 50-60 minutes, or until the edges are set and the center is slightly jiggly.
- Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in the oven with the door slightly ajar for about an hour to cool slowly. Then, remove the cheesecake from the oven and let it cool completely at room temperature. Then refrigerate it for at least 4 hours, or overnight, to set.
- Once the cheesecake is chilled and set, prepare the turtle topping. In a small saucepan, heat the caramel sauce until warm and pourable. And drizzle the caramel sauce over the top of the cheesecake, allowing it to drip down the sides.
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans and chocolate chips over the caramel sauce, evenly distributing them. Place the cheesecake back in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to allow the caramel sauce to set.
- Once chilled, remove the sides of the springform pan. Slice the turtle cheesecake into desired portions.
- Finally, Serve and enjoy your delicious turtle cheesecake!
- You can also drizzle additional chocolate sauce and caramel sauce over individual slices if desired.