The Best Chicken Thigh Sanger Recipe
Here is The Best Chicken Thigh Sanger Recipe easily at Home. A chicken thigh sanger is a flavorful and satisfying sandwich made with tender, juicy chicken thighs as the star ingredient. The chicken thighs are marinated in a combination of garlic, soy sauce, lemon juice, honey, paprika, and optional chili powder, which adds a delightful depth of flavor.
After marinating, the chicken thighs are cooked on a grill or stovetop until they are nicely charred on the outside and cooked through on the inside. The result is succulent and flavorful chicken with a slightly smoky taste.
To assemble the sanger, you start with toasted hamburger buns or sandwich rolls. The bottom half of the bun is spread with mayonnaise, which adds creaminess and tang. Then, you layer on fresh lettuce leaves, sliced tomatoes, and sliced red onions, which provide a refreshing crunch and additional flavor.
Once the chicken thighs are cooked to perfection, they are placed on top of the vegetable layers, adding a rich and savory component to the sandwich. If desired, you can also add pickles or any other toppings of your choice to customize the sanger to your liking.
The final step is to close the sandwich with the top half of the bun, creating a delicious and satisfying chicken thigh sanger that is ready to be enjoyed. The combination of tender chicken, flavorful marinade, and fresh toppings makes this sandwich a delightful treat for any meal. So, here’s a recipe for a delicious chicken thigh sandwich, also known as a “sanger”:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 4 hamburger buns or sandwich rolls
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- Lettuce leaves
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sliced red onions
- Pickles (optional)
For the marinade:
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder (optional)
- Firstly, in a bowl, whisk together the minced garlic, soy sauce, lemon juice, honey, paprika, and chili powder (if using) to make the marinade.
- Place the chicken thighs in a resealable plastic bag or a shallow dish, and pour the marinade over them. Make sure the chicken is coated evenly. Allow it to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours for more flavor. Then, preheat a grill or a pan over medium heat. Drizzle olive oil over the grill or pan to prevent sticking.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the marinade and discard the excess marinade. Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place the chicken thighs on the preheated grill or pan and cook for about 5-7 minutes per side, or until the chicken is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- While the chicken is cooking, lightly toast the hamburger buns or sandwich rolls. Then, spread mayonnaise on the bottom half of each bun. Layer lettuce leaves, sliced tomatoes, and sliced red onions on top of the mayo.
- Once the chicken thighs are cooked, remove them from the grill or pan and let them rest for a few minutes. Then, place one chicken thigh on each bun, over the vegetable layers.
- If desired, add pickles or any other additional toppings of your choice.
- Finally, close the sandwiches with the top halves of the buns and serve immediately.
Enjoy your delicious chicken thigh sangers!