Here is The Best Parmesan Meatloaf Recipe that you can make at Home. Parmesan meatloaf is a savory and comforting dish that takes the classic meatloaf to a new level of flavor with the addition of Parmesan cheese. This hearty and satisfying dish is perfect for a family dinner or a gathering with friends.
The meatloaf itself is made by combining ground beef with a variety of ingredients to enhance its taste and texture. The ground beef is mixed with grated Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, milk, finely chopped onion, minced garlic, fresh parsley, an egg, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper. These ingredients work together to create a flavorful and moist meatloaf.
Also, the Parmesan cheese plays a key role in adding a rich and slightly nutty flavor to the meatloaf. It also contributes to the tender and juicy texture of the final dish. As the meatloaf bakes in the oven, the Parmesan cheese melts and becomes golden, forming a delicious crust on the outside while keeping the inside moist and flavorful.
To further enhance the taste, a glaze is prepared using ketchup, brown sugar, and Dijon mustard. This glaze is spread over the top of the meatloaf before baking, adding a tangy and slightly sweet element to the dish. As the meatloaf cooks, the glaze caramelizes, creating a sticky and flavorful coating.
When the Parmesan meatloaf is done baking, it is important to allow it to rest for a few minutes before slicing. This allows the juices to redistribute and the flavors to settle. Slicing the meatloaf reveals beautiful layers infused with the cheesy goodness of Parmesan.
So, Parmesan meatloaf can be served as the main course alongside mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, or a fresh salad. The slices of meatloaf are tender, flavorful, and packed with the comforting taste of beef and Parmesan cheese. The leftovers, if any, make for delicious sandwiches or can be reheated for another satisfying meal. So, here’s a recipe for a delicious Parmesan meatloaf:
- 1 1/2 pounds of ground beef
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
For the glaze:
- 1/4 cup of ketchup
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- Firstly, preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a loaf pan or line it with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, milk, onion, garlic, parsley, egg, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, salt, and black pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Transfer the meat mixture to the prepared loaf pan, shaping it into a loaf shape.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ketchup, brown sugar, and Dijon mustard to make the glaze. Spread the glaze evenly over the top of the meatloaf.
- Then, place the meatloaf in the preheated oven and bake for about 1 hour, or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F (71°C) on a meat thermometer.
- Once cooked, remove the meatloaf from the oven and let it rest for about 5 minutes before slicing.
- Then, slice the meatloaf into thick slices and serve hot. You can garnish with additional grated Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley if desired.
- Finally, enjoy your flavorful and cheesy Parmesan meatloaf!
- Feel free to customize the recipe by adding other herbs or spices that you enjoy, such as thyme or paprika. You can also experiment with different types of ground meat, such as a combination of beef and pork, for added flavor. Serve the meatloaf with mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, or a side salad for a complete meal.