Learn How To Make Celery and Sitlton Soup Recipe easily at Home. Celery and Stilton soup is a comforting and flavorful dish that combines the earthy taste of celery with the creamy richness of Stilton cheese. The soup has a velvety texture and a satisfying blend of savory flavors.
The star ingredient of this soup is celery, which brings a unique and refreshing taste to the dish. Celery adds a subtle herbal note and a hint of sweetness, balancing out the richness of the cheese. It also provides a delightful crunch when cooked but still maintains its vibrant green color.
Stilton cheese, a classic English blue cheese, is renowned for its strong and tangy flavor. It has a creamy, crumbly texture and distinct veining that adds depth and complexity to the soup. The cheese melts beautifully into the broth, infusing it with its savory and slightly nutty taste.
To enhance the flavors, the soup is often complemented with aromatic ingredients such as onions and garlic. These ingredients provide a fragrant base for the soup and add depth to the overall taste profile.
The addition of potatoes in the soup not only helps to thicken the texture but also imparts a mild sweetness and creamy consistency. They blend seamlessly with the other ingredients, adding body and richness to the final soup.
The soup is finished with a touch of milk or cream, which adds a luxurious creaminess and smoothness to the texture. It helps to mellow the flavors and creates a harmonious balance with the celery and Stilton cheese.
Celery and Stilton soup can be served as a starter or as a light main course. It pairs well with crusty bread or a side salad. The soup is best enjoyed hot, allowing the flavors to meld together and providing a comforting warmth on a chilly day. So, here’s a simple recipe for celery and Stilton soup:
- 4 cups of celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cups of vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup of potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup of milk or cream
- 4 ounces of Stilton cheese, crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh chives or parsley for garnish (optional)
- Firstly, heat a large pot over medium heat. Add a tablespoon of oil or butter, then add the chopped onion and garlic. Sauté until the onion becomes translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the chopped celery to the pot and continue cooking for about 5 minutes, until the celery softens slightly.
- Then, pour in the vegetable or chicken broth and add the diced potatoes. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover the pot and let it simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Use an immersion blender or transfer the soup to a regular blender (in batches if necessary) to puree the mixture until smooth. Be cautious when blending hot liquids.
- Return the soup to the pot (if using a regular blender) and place it back over low heat. Stir in the milk or cream and season with salt and pepper to taste. Allow the soup to warm through without boiling.
- Then, add the crumbled Stilton cheese to the pot and stir until it melts into the soup, creating a creamy texture. Keep stirring until the cheese is fully incorporated.
- Once the soup is heated through and the cheese has melted, remove the pot from the heat.
- Finally, serve the