This Easy Moroccan Lentil Soup is the most delicious and simple recipe to prepare at home especially in those moments. It doesn’t require lots of ingredients and in just 30 minutes it will be ready.
Also, in this healthy recipe you can add some veggies if you want to such as carrot, and potatoes they goes well with this soup, or you can keep it traditional as in this recipe. This lentil soup is full of flavor and spices.
So, just give it a chance and try it, you will have a cozy bowl of soup with a slice of bread. It will be absolutely your family’s favorite one.
- 5 to 7 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, grated
- 1 tbsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of paprika
- 1 tbsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of dried thyme
- 1 tbsp of parsley
- 250g of brown lentils, dried and washed
- 4 to 6 cups of water
How to make Easy Moroccan Lentils Recipe:
- Firstly, cut the top of the tomato, cut into half, and grate the pulp of the tomato and discard the skin. Then, finely chop the parsley. And peel the onion, cut it in half, and finely chop it.
- On medium heat, in a large pot, add 5 to 7 tbsp of olive oil. Once hot, add the chopped onion, grated tomato, and lentils. Mix all the ingredients together until nicely combined..
- Add the chopped parsley and continue mixing. Then, add the spices: 1 tbsp of paprika, 1 tbsp of salt, 1 tsp of dried thyme, and 1 tbsp of cumin. And mix well.
- Cook on medium heat for around 10 minutes.
- Then, add boiling water to the lentils, cover the pan, and cook for about 30 minutes, or until the lentils are soft. Stir from time to time.
- After 30 minutes, taste the sauce and adjust the spices accordingly: salt, cumin, and paprika.
- Finally, serve hot in a bowl with a piece of bread, and enjoy your delicious lentil soup.