Here is The Best Brioche Bread Recipe to make at home with common ingredients. Brioche is a type of bread that originates from France. It is a rich, buttery, and slightly sweet bread that is often served for breakfast or as a snack.
Brioche is made with a high amount of butter and eggs, which give it a soft, tender crumb and a distinctive flavor.
The dough is enriched with sugar and milk, which also contribute to its sweetness and richness.
Brioche is often shaped into a round or loaf shape, but it can also be made into small rolls or individual buns. It is typically baked until it has a golden-brown crust and is soft and fluffy on the inside.
Brioche can be enjoyed on its own or used as a base for various dishes, such as French toast or bread pudding. It is also a popular choice for sandwiches, especially those with savory fillings, as the bread’s richness and sweetness complement the flavors of the fillings.
Here is a simple recipe for brioche bread that you can try at home:
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/3 cup of warm milk
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup of unsalted butter, at room temperature
How to make Brioche Bread recipe:
- Firstly, in a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, yeast, and salt.
- Add the warm milk and eggs to the mixture and stir until the dough comes together.
- Then, add the softened butter and knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic.
- Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and let the dough rise in a warm place for about an hour or until it has doubled in size.
- Punch the dough down and knead it briefly.
- Then, divide the dough into equal portions and shape them into small balls.
- Place the balls in a greased loaf pan and let them rise for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Brush the top of the dough with a beaten egg.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown.
- Finally, let the bread cool before serving.
Enjoy your freshly baked brioche bread!